An Introduction to hCore
hCore is at its core a foundation of utility tools, which at some point took a turn to becoming the framework that all of Unknown Borders services was built on. It includes a massive toolbelt for creating all of UB Network. This includes but not limited to:
- A range of datatype extensions
- MEF adaptation, with several unique features such as, role management to determine access to the "plugins or modules" that MEF supports.
- A long list of extra modules, that can be enabled on any service.
- Teamspeak 3
- hCore supports both .Net and Mono for linux
- Adaptable Logging System, built on the core of Microsoft's Logging Extension from Best Practices.
- Custom analytics center for the viewing of Google Analytics and Application Insight
- Custom User Management System built on some of the core features of .Net Identity
- CRM style database configurator and management
At the moment, hCore is still only an inhouse library available to all UB developers. But as we continue down the road and move towards our goal of becoming a game studio, hCore will become free and open source.